The Music Director functions “centrally” and serves every campus by providing direction, creativity and efficiency in how we carry out our philosophy of worship ministry at SECC which will allow us to further the mission and strategies of SECC.
Job Functions will Include:
1- Create and provide musical direction for SE worship culture in all avenues of worship (adult, students, kids)
- help steer the direction of our musical ‘style’
- writing new worship music/songs that serve our local church
- help carry out the vision of the Worship Pastor on weekends, as well as overall scope of worship culture
- develop and support healthy ‘pathways’ in our ministry, from kids through adults
- recruit, train and equip next generation of Worship choir
2- Maintain high level of excellence within worship ministry
- training/discipling/recruiting new volunteers
- arranging music for all weekend services
- scheduling all bands for Blankenbaker campus
- arranging music for special events at SE
- resource all campus worship teams and leaders (tracks, charts, implementation)
To be Considered Applicant must Display Essential Competencies:
- Instrumental expertise in guitar or piano/keyboard.
- Strong relational skills with others in a band setting.
- Proficient in writing/arranging charts and/or sheet music.
- Ability to quickly adapt in a face-paced environment.
Required Education, Experience, and Membership:
- Engaged member of Southeast Christian Church who supports the Statement of Faith and submits to the leadership established by the church.
- Minimum of 2 year’s experience in a similar role, or worship team.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.